Care Proceedings

Sometimes children and families come to the attention of Children’s Social Care. This might be because there are concerns or allegations of child abuse or neglect. This can be an extremely frightening and worrying time. Or it might be that your family needs extra support and you are not getting the help that you need.  I can provide expert advice and representation every step of the way.

Whether you are a parent, carer or other relative I will deal with your case sensitively and compassionately, whilst also offering firm, clear advice about what needs to happen to resolve the problems. I represent both parents and children in cases involving complex allegations of non-accidental injury and physical, emotional or sexual abuse. I am skilled at advising clients with particular problems such as substance misuse, mental health issues and learning difficulties.

If Children’s Social Care is involved with your children you need to contact me straight away. Swift, decisive help is essential in such cases.

They might be planning to hold a formal meeting with you such as a Child Protection Case Conference or a Public Law Outline meeting. I can attend such meetings with you. Or they might be making an application to court for an Emergency Protection Order or a Care or Supervision Order. It is vital that you have a specialist solicitor from the earliest possible stage in this complex area of law.

Contact me to arrange your free initial appointment. I will always be available to advise you in an emergency.